Every year, the full week ending on the last Sunday of September is observed as the International Week of the Deaf (IWD). In 2022, International Week of Deaf People is being observed from September 19 to 25 September 2022. The theme of the 2022 International Week of Deaf People is “Building Inclusive Communities for All”.
It is an initiative of the World Federation of the Deaf (WFD) and was first launched in 1958 in Rome, Italy to commemorate the month when the first World Congress of the WFD was held.
International Day of Sign Languages will be observed on 23 September 2022 and theme for year 2022 is – Sign Languages Unite Us!
- Monday 19 September 2022: Sign Languages in Education
- Tuesday 20 September 2022: Sustainable economic opportunities for deaf people
- Wednesday 21 September 2022: Health for All
- Thursday 22 September 2022: Safeguarding deaf people in times of crisis
- Friday 23 September 2022: Sign Languages Unite Us!
- Saturday 24 September 2022: Intersectional Deaf Communities\
- Sunday 25 September 2022: Deaf Leadership for Tomorrow