The World Bank has appointed Auguste Tano Kouamé its country director for India. He replaced Junaid Kamal Ahmad who recently completed a five-year term.
Auguste recently served as the World Bank’s country director for Turkey. Prior to this, he served as the director of the department of human development and economic management in the World Bank Group’s Independent Evaluation Group (IEG) from January 2017 to April 2019.
The World Bank is an international financial institution that provides loans and grants to the governments of low- and middle-income countries for the purpose of pursuing capital projects.
- Headquarters: Washington, D.C., United States
- President: David Malpass
- Founded: July 1944, Bretton Woods, New Hampshire, United States
- Motto: Working for a World Free of Poverty
- Parent organization: United Nations
- Founders: John Maynard Keynes, Harry Dexter White