The Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation plays a vital role in receiving and examining suggestions and representations from various stakeholders, including Hon’ble Members of Parliament. This continuous process involves the evaluation of proposals to enhance the guidelines under the Member of Parliament Local Area Development (MPLAD) Scheme.
MPLAD Scheme Overview
The MPLAD Scheme empowers each Member of Parliament to recommend developmental projects, focusing on creating durable community assets that address the locally perceived needs of the people. This scheme aims to foster localized development and upliftment.
Purpose and Functionality
The MPLADS e-SAKSHI Mobile Application serves as a technological facilitator, offering convenience and accessibility to Members of Parliament (MPs) in proposing, tracking, and overseeing developmental projects in real-time.
- Enhanced Decision-Making: The application facilitates swift decision-making processes, allowing MPs to respond promptly to emerging needs or issues.
- Transparency: The mobile application promotes transparency by providing MPs with instant updates on the status and progress of their proposed projects.
- Efficient Communication: It streamlines communication between MPs and relevant authorities, facilitating an efficient exchange of information.
- Real-Time Project Tracking: MPs can monitor the progress of their proposed projects in real-time, ensuring effective project management.
- Instant Updates: The application provides MPs with immediate updates, ensuring they stay informed about the status of their projects.
- Communication Hub: Serving as a communication hub, it enables seamless interaction between MPs and relevant authorities.
Minister’s Statement in Rajya Sabha
In a written reply in the Rajya Sabha, Shri Rao Inderjit Singh, the Minister of State (Independent Charge) of the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation, Minister of State (Independent Charge) of the Ministry of Planning, and Minister of State in the Ministry of Corporate Affairs, highlighted the significance of the MPLADS e-SAKSHI Mobile Application.
Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQs):
- What is the primary purpose of the MPLAD Scheme?
- A. Enhancing parliamentary sessions
- B. Allocating funds for local development projects
- C. Facilitating international collaborations
- D. Managing government statistics
- How does the MPLADS e-SAKSHI Mobile Application contribute to transparency?
- A. By tracking global development projects
- B. By providing instant updates on project status
- C. By organizing parliamentary sessions
- D. By managing corporate affairs
- What role does the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation play in the MPLAD Scheme?
- A. Monitoring international statistics
- B. Evaluating project proposals
- C. Facilitating corporate affairs
- D. Managing parliamentary sessions