Mera Yuva Bharat, also known as MY Bharat, represents a groundbreaking initiative designed to catalyze youth development in India with a strong emphasis on technology-driven solutions. Set to officially commence on October 31, 2023, aligning with National Unity Day, MY Bharat is set to revolutionize the landscape of youth engagement across various government sectors. This initiative is committed to providing equitable access for young individuals to pursue their dreams and actively contribute to the nation’s comprehensive growth, with a specific focus on those aged 15-29 and tailored programs for the 10-19 age group.
Key Focus Areas of MY Bharat:
- Empower Through Experience: Facilitate the development of leadership skills via experiential learning.
- Shift to Programmatic Skill Development: Transition from isolated physical interactions to skill development programs.
- Youth as Innovators: Invest in youth as social innovators and community leaders.
- Active Contributors: Shift the emphasis from passive beneficiaries to active contributors in the nation’s development.
- Aligning Aspirations: Improve alignment between the aspirations of young individuals and the needs of their communities.
- Foster Responsibility: Cultivate a sense of purpose and responsibility among the youth.
- Program Convergence: Promote convergence by integrating existing initiatives, creating a unified destination for youth and government programs.
- Centralized Youth Hub: Establish a centralized database for youth-related information and resources, streamlining access to opportunities and services.
- Enhanced Communication: Improve two-way communication between youth and government agencies, enhancing connections with stakeholders engaged in youth development.
- Phygital Ecosystem: Create a “phygital” ecosystem, merging physical and digital elements, empowering young individuals to be catalysts for community transformation, and building a network of “Yuva Setu” (Youth Bridge) agents connecting government and citizens.
MY Bharat recognizes the pivotal role that India’s youth will play in shaping the nation’s future, especially as India approaches 75 years of independence and envisions an “Amrit Bharat” by 2047. The program seeks to address the evolving dynamics of the urban-rural landscape by uniting youth from rural, urban, and rurban areas on a common platform. Additionally, it adapts to the fast-paced, technology-driven world by utilizing digital tools and technologies to effectively engage and empower today’s youth.
Supported by a robust technology platform, Mera Yuva Bharat promises to significantly enhance the outreach efforts of the Department of Youth Affairs, facilitating more efficient engagement with the youth nationwide.