In a major boost to India’s civil service, Union Minister Dr. Jitendra Singh launched the extended version of Mission Karmayogi on Good Governance Day. This ambitious initiative aims to transform future civil servants into tech-savvy, innovative, and transparent leaders.
Personalized Learning at Your Fingertips:
- My iGOT: This exciting feature delivers customized training courses directly to each officer’s home page. These courses are tailor-made based on individual needs identified in the Capacity-Building Plan, ensuring a perfect fit for career development.
- Blended Programs: Bridging the gap between online and offline learning, these programs combine traditional classroom training with online modules. This flexible approach catersto diverse needs and maximizes learning outcomes.
- Curated Programs: Ministries and training institutions can now design specialized learning journeys for their personnel using the diverse content, resources, and assessments available on iGOT.
Strengthening Core Competencies:
- 12 Domain-Specific E-Learning Courses: Developed by the Karmayogi Digital Learning Lab, these courses address specific competency requirements of DoPT officials. They also benefit other government organizations by providing valuable everyday practical guidance.
VIKAS: Advanced Training for Mid-Level Leadership:
- This blended program combines 33 hours of online learning on iGOT with 30 hours of offline training at ISTM. It focuses on honing the functional, behavioral, and technological skills crucial for success in the Central Secretariat.
Embracing Technology for Good Governance:
Dr. Singh emphasized the importance of technology in achieving “Maximum Governance and Minimum Government.” He highlighted the use of e-governance and paperless offices in streamlining decision-making, while urging civil servants to harness the potential of the Digital Revolution for further advancement.
Celebrating Women in Leadership:
Recognizing the growing number of women joining government service, Dr. Singh lauded their leadership roles and highlighted initiatives like extended maternity leave and childcare allowances, all aiming to create a more supportive environment for female employees.
Good Governance Week:
The Union Government celebrates Good Governance Week/Day in honor of former Prime Minister Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee. This initiative promotes citizen-centric, efficient, and transparent governance, ultimately aiming to improve service delivery for all.
Overall, the extended Mission Karmayogi, with its personalized learning, domain-specific training, and focus on technology, marks a significant step towards nurturing a future-ready civil service equipped to serve the nation with excellence.