India has taken proactive measures to safeguard the interests of its citizens residing in Israel amidst the evolving situation. This mission, known as “Operation Ajay,” was formally introduced by External Affairs Minister Dr. S Jaishankar, reaffirming the government’s steadfast commitment to the safety and welfare of Indian nationals overseas.
Key aspects of “Operation Ajay” include:
- Special Charter Flights: To facilitate the smooth return of Indian citizens, special charter flights and logistical arrangements are being meticulously coordinated.
- Communication and Coordination: The Indian Embassy in Israel has initiated contact with registered Indian citizens, commencing with the first group for their repatriation via the special flight. Subsequent flights will follow, with ongoing communication to ensure a well-organized evacuation process.
- Emergency Helplines: To provide immediate assistance to Indian nationals, a 24-hour helpline has been established, offering prompt response and support.
- Control Room: A dedicated 24-hour Control Room is operational to monitor the evolving situation and offer assistance to Indian nationals. It can be reached via a toll-free number and multiple phone lines.
- Email Assistance: Indian nationals in the region are encouraged to seek assistance through email, further extending the avenues for support.
As part of this effort, Indian citizens are urged to remain calm, vigilant, and closely follow security advisories issued by relevant authorities. The Ministry of External Affairs remains actively engaged in monitoring the situation and disseminating timely and pertinent information to citizens. This comprehensive initiative underscores the Indian government’s commitment to the well-being of its citizens abroad.